Slow Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup
1.5kg mixed tomatoes
1 handful of fresh basil
4 tbsp. olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 cup of chicken/vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 180.
2. Slice your tomatoes in half and place them in a tray seed side up.
3. Shred your basil leaves and peel your garlic and pop them in. Add salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Place your tray in the oven and leave to roast for 1 hour or until the edges of your tomatoes have charred slightly.
5. Blend your cooked tomatoes along with their juices, basil and roasted garlic either in a regular blender or with a stick blender. Add your stock and blend a little more.
8. Serve with a sprig of fresh basil and a fresh crack of black pepper. Enjoy.
This recipe is delicious and luckily also suitable for freezing, so I always make a double batch and store some away for those lazy winter nights.