Mustard & Coriander Stuffed Chicken Breasts on a Bed of Mushroom & Green Beans
This fun little paleo recipe came about after one of those “what do I have in my refrigerator?” moments. I had some coriander leftover from the fragrant prawn and coriander curry which you can find here. The only thing you need to check is that you buy a whole grain mustard without added sugar or nasty ingredients. This recipe is super easy to make, so it’s great for midweek dinners.
If you enjoyed this one, try the heart-shaped chicken breasts with mustard, chorizo and jalapeños for a spicy twist; recipe here.
4 chicken breasts (R30)
1 big handful coriander (R5)
4 tbsp. mustard (R8)
1 punnet mushrooms (R17)
400g green beans (R9)
2 tsp. crushed garlic
1 handful fresh basil, torn
Olive oil for cooking
Salt and pepper to taste
Total Estimated Price: R69
1. Preheat your oven to 180.
2. Slice a hole in your chicken breasts down from the top, careful not to slit the sides.
3. Use a teaspoon to fill the inside with mustard and then stuff with coriander.
4. Brush the top with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place on a baking tray lined with wax paper and cook in the oven for about 20minutes.
6. While you’re waiting for your chicken to cook, slice your mushrooms in half.
7. Pop them in a pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes before adding the crushed garlic and fresh basil. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
8. Top and tail your beans and cut them into smaller pieces.
9. Add them to your mushrooms and garlic. Cook all together until the mushrooms have softened and the beans are cooked through. (Roughly 7 minutes)
10. Plate your mushrooms and beans and place your chicken breast on the top. Voila!