Easy Roasted Aubergine
The first time I cooked aubergine I undercooked it and didn’t know, so I was never really a fan, until recently I was served aubergine at a Mexican restaurant and it was perfectly spiced, cooked through and super delicious.
This is the easiest way to roast aubergine to perfection, it makes a great side in place of french fries or baked potato. You can scoop out the flesh or just slice it up and eat it with the skin on.
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for cooking
Portions: 2 sides per aubergine
1. Preheat your oven to 180.
2. Chop off the ends of your aubergine (the leaves and the bottom bit) and slice in half. Scour the inside diagonally with slices about 1.5cm apart. You can cut pretty deep, but don’t cut through the skin.
3. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place sliced-side down on a baking tray lined with wax paper.
4. Pop in the oven for around 25 minutes or until the outside has softened and gone a bit wrinkly.
5. Serve as a side to a dish of your choice. I had a steak with avo and roasted baby tomatoes. Yum!