Poached Egg and Ham on Portobello Mushrooms
A day always seems to go better when you’ve started it with something delicious. Like Ron Swanson, I never get tired of breakfast foods, probably because there are so many different ways to combine the same basic ingredients.
This one is definitely a fave! It’s quick and painless to make, and delicious to eat.
2 Portobello mushrooms (R10)
4 eggs (R8)
4 slices of ham (R10)
1 avo (R4)
Salt, pepper, garlic flakes to taste
Olive oil for cooking
Total Estimated Price: R32
1. Preheat your oven to 180.
2. Place your mushrooms on a tray lined with baking paper or if you have one, a silicon sheet.
3. Season with salt, pepper and garlic flakes and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until softened slightly and cooked through.
5. Poach your eggs in the microwave using this method, only this time, place 2 eggs in the bowl at a time for a little extra protein per serving.
6. Plate your cooked mushroom, sliced avo, 2 slices of ham, then eggs. Eat outdoors for extra early morning enjoyment.