Spicy Stuffed Peppers
2 peppers (R10)
1 small steak (I used pork, but beef would work too) (R20)
1 cup Rosa tomatoes (R6)
1 cup Kalamata olives (R13)
1 avocado (R4)
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tsp. crushed chilli
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. olive oil
Total Estimated Price: R54
1. Preheat your oven to 200.
2. Season your steak with salt and pepper and cook in a pan on a high heat in some olive oil for 4-5minutes per side.
3. While your steak is cooking, cut the tops off of your peppers and remove the seeds to hollow them out.
4. Pit and cut your olives in half and your rosa tomatoes into quarters. Mix the sliced pieces together with the garlic and chilli.
5. When your steak is cooked through, dice it into blocks and add the blocks to your tomato and olive mixture.
6. Stuff the mixture into your peppers and place on a tray lined with baking paper in the oven for 10-15minutes.
7. Cube your avo and place on top to serve.
You can easily swop the steak for some chicken, bacon or even large slices of mushroom for a vegetarian option. If your diet allows dairy, add some feta into the peppers before placing them in the oven too.