Bacon and Jalapeño Meatballs
600g beef mince
100g pickled jalapeños
250g pack of bacon
Salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste
1 tsp. olive oil
1. Cut your bacon into strips, chop your jalepeños and place them in a mixing bowl with your mince.
2. Crack in your egg, add your salt pepper and spices and mix through with your hands.
3. Take small handfuls and roll them into balls.
4. Fry in olive oil on a high heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Leave to stand for a minute or two before serving so that they keep in all their moisture.
I served mine with some almond-flaked zucchini fries. Recipe here.
The leftovers also make a great breakfast with some eggs.