Simple Sweet Potato Chips
2 x sweet potatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat your oven to 180.
2. Slice your sweet potatoes into “lays” style chips – about 3/4mm thick.
3. Lay your chips onto a tray lined with baking paper or olive oil.
4. Drizzle the chips with olive oil, salt, pepper and other spices of your choice. (Some people add honey but the sweet potato is sweet enough without it.)
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes before turning over. Continue for another 15 minutes or until your sweet potatoes have a nice crunch on the outside.
Serve these as a side to any red meat dish, dip them into some home made tomato sauce or use them as a substitute for nachos with some avo, salsa, chilli and if you’re allowed, cheese, on the top.