No-Cream Creamy Broccoli Soup
6-7 cups of fresh broccoli
1 large onion
¼ cup raw cashew nuts
1 tsp. crushed garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 cups water
Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1 handful of parsley
Portions: 3 or 4 (size dependent)
1. Loosely chop up your onion and it to your pot with the olive oil and garlic. Fry on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Chop your broccoli into smaller pieces and add them into the mix. Sauté for about 8mins.
3. Add 3 cups of water and your parsley. Close the lid. Leave to steam for 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft.
4. Add the cashew nuts into your blender and give them a good blend. They should turn into fine bits and flour. (This is what makes your soup creamy.)
5. Add your broccoli along with all the broth and juices into the blender.
6. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
If you’re not vegetarian or vegan, serve your soup with a piece of bacon because bacon… (Bacon doesn’t need a reason.)